Here is a collection of some of my favorite India-related videos. I expect to see similar dance sequences on every corner, all the time. Chances are if you have been anywhere near the vicinity of my computer, I have forced you to watch or listen to all of these at some point.
- Tunak Tunak Tun – Daler Mehndi. Clones in crush velvet robes. What more could you want.
- Mukkala Mukabala – A.R. Rahman. The real payoff comes around 3:50.
- Jai Ho – A.R. Rehman. If you haven’t seen this movie, replace this blog’s URL with Netflix and don’t come back until you have watched it.
Other songs I enjoy:
- Mehbooba Mehbooba – This song plays during a hilarious dance sequence in the Indian Western Sholay. I won’t give anything away, but the antagonist may or may not fight a man with no arms and spiked shoes and come off for the worse. I recommend the movie if you have 3.5 hours to kill, and the song if you have 3.5 minutes.
- Asha Bhosle on The World Cafe – A famous Bollywood singer, this original broadcast was my first inspiration to go to India.